Sunday, February 15, 2009

Why not impload??

So with the crazy weather that we had that last few weeks it got me thinking...
Everyone talks about global warming....with the weather we had about a week or two ago I can understand why they say it - I mean it was freakin warm - get my Chaco's on warm - go sun tanning warm (well maybe not) but yeah I get it...I understand it...yeah I am doing what I can to help...but really WHY? Why not let this world implode on itself? Why not let this all go to hell? I mean it's already on it's way. The vast majority of civilization consumes and throws out so much. people say they recycle but when you are driving on garbage pick up days how many recycle bins do you see? Or even how many are full? I have a few neighbors who have the giant garbage cans (some of them have 2) full each week and no recycle. So again I ask why not just let it all go?

Why do I say this? Why am I so flippant about letting the world go? Well hello!? We have a WAY better place to go than this. Frankly I wouldn't mind starting my eternity now. I would much rather be with my Maker and enjoying life in a perfect place than here. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my life!!! But come on people Heaven??? Duh! If only our Savior would come down from the clouds and wrap us in His arms.

Just a thought....

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I thought it was a darn good theory when u first said it and I found it darn funny too! aaaaaaahhhhhh, heaven!

Anonymous said...

I feel you! Why don't more people/organizations recycle?!

But I think it's exactly because of God that we can't let it implode. God gave humans this world, made us stewards of it, so we have to do our best to make it better/cleaner/less wasteful. We need to do what we can to make God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, right?

Heaven will be WAY better but we have to do our part here on Earth for God and our children before we get to go there.

I love that I can comment now :)