Thursday, December 18, 2008

Decorating the Chirstmas Tree!

We went the went the weekend after Thanksgiving and got ourselves a tree...This is the first year we managed to do this task so soon...we are usually way behind - GO US!!
We went to pick it out and of course the boys only lasted 10 minutes outside - so we left Husband out side to pick one out while we found candy canes inside. (In case any one does not know, Husband was a boy scout and he would sell trees every year...well that translates into him trying to find the PERFECT tree - no matter how long it may take) Finally he found one that would be suitable for him...although I am certain he would liked to have spent $15 more to get the Fraser fir..but seriously $50 for a tree...not on my watch!

We get it home and put up. We MUST wait until the next day to decorate because it needs to settle. Does he know who he is married to? I mean seriously? Wait? I don't remember a year growing up that we did that but maybe an hour...but OK I will go along with it.
Finally Monday night we are allowed to decorate the tree. We got the bins out from under the crawl space - which took almost an hour by itself with the boys trying to "help" get the bins...LOL I was on the couch laughing the whole time!
Anyway to we all go upstairs and I pull the stuff out. Last year I started each boy with a container that has only their personal ornaments in it. That's what we had them start with...Monkey spend through his bin in record time
(Mind you there are only 9 in there but still)
Silly Pants...well...not so fast...I think he got 2 on and then decided he needed a break form what apparently was a very labor intensive task. (Who would have thought?)

While Silly Pants was sitting on the couch being a potato (LOL) Monkey was helping me and Husband get the tree all prettied up. As we were going through this task Mini C was right there...trying to eat all the ornaments.

He found that he was most intrigued with the snow flakes that were on the bottom...although I can't imagine they tasted that great.





So this is our tree...if you really take a good look at it you can see where the boys did the decorating...it is very "full" and well decorated on the bottom portion of it. Husband wanted to fix it when they went to sleep that night but I refused. They decorated it and to change it would be so mean. They were so proud when they finally finished it!


So now we have a beautiful tree decorated by our boys. Truly I believe this is our FIRST tree as a family. Reason being the boys are both so involved and are so proud of it - that it was a family thing not just a Husband and me thing. =)

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

I love the tree, I wouldn't change a thing!!!

love U !!!!!!

Tammy said...

The boys are much cuter than the tree! Now after Christmas you will have needles everywhere and you wont get rid of the tree till it is all charlie brownish in February! The only good thing about a real one is the smell!

Jennifer said...

Actually Dick's picks them up 2nd week in January. So it will be gone sooner than that. And I have actually been vacuuming so there are not a lot of needles on the floor right now!