Friday, December 19, 2008

Our first real time playing in the snow...

Public Service Announcement-
So if you have been paying attention - I am a little behind on my blogging - so I will remind again, I am posting all that I should have in the past few weeks. So make sure you are scrolling down to see all that is new...

Knowing I am a bit behind - this blog actually happened a couple of weeks ago - so yes we have been going out side - it's not that we have been cooped up so far this season...
So if you had read my blog about winter you would know that we really enjoy going out at night. The first night it was a good temp with little to no wind we were out there!
Got the two big boys bundled up and shoved them outside while Husband got ready and I got Mini C ready. Mini C wasn't liking the extra layers that were required but as soon as we got outside he was mesmerized byt he falling snow.

As husband was clearing the deck off Monkey was playing with the snow on the slife and well...you guessed it - eating it! What is it about kids and eating snow? Unfortunately I just don't remember what the wonder is about that. But hey as long as it's not yellow snow all is well!
While Monkey was doing his thing Silly Pants decided that he was going to make a snow angel.
Although when he was done he needed a hand getting up so that he wouldn't break it.
Here husband& I are with Mini C
We didn't last to terribley long outside that night. He was tired and wanted to be able to roll around. So soon after I took him in so he could go to bed.
Here are the two big boys sledding down the hill in our back yard. It was so cute watching the two of them. Silly Pants would help Monkey bring his sled up and then they would either go down alone or Silly would hold the sled so Monkey could get on and they would go down together. I was so fun so fun to watch. It was so hard getting them in when it was time.
Although like any other time - you mention Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows and they pretty much go running!!!
So this was our first real night of fun in the snow!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Jen, snow what is snow? Oh yes, cold white stuff. It was great to see you and the family enjoying the winter. I will not be baking cookies until Monday when the high will be in the low 60's,other wise it is to hot to turn on the oven. No I don't want any cheese with my whine. I'm not whining just stating fact. Love Judes

Jennifer said...

60's? That is just to warm for me. I like it cold! It was 30 a couple of weeks ago and I was in a short sleeved shirt sweating.
It is a lot of fun going out the the boys (Husband included) there's just something about it...

What kind of cookies do you make??

Tammy said...

Poor Judes, its to hot out to bake cookies?? Yeah I bet the temp really breaks you up? Sissy, u just keep playing in that cold yucky stuff as I count down to Florida!