Sunday, December 28, 2008

What a wonderful time....

Yea, another Christmas gone. So quickly it came and went. It was almost a blur. Thankfully I took pictures to keep the memories alive. I have always enjoyed Christmas time. I love the snow, the family time and just celebrating the TRUE meaning of the day.

So the day started early from Monkey - I heard him at 4am in the living room by the tree. I got up quickly and directed him back to his bed to sleep for a while longer. He actually went back to bed. So then at 530 I hear both boys playing and talking. Well Husband and I had bought them a train set and it was set up under the tree as a surprise so we wanted to get up and show it to them. As we are going into the living room Monkey says "Daddy can you start the train?" Go figure he had seen it at 4 that morning. Thankfully Silly Pants didn't know what he was talking about.
Here Husband is showing the boys how it works...here comes the train!!!!

The two of them were absolutely giddy about that train - both saying "look, look it's Polar Express!!!" Which was a good thing as we didn't want to actually buy the Polar Express train but were hoping that they would feel this one was the same.

Here's Mini C watching the train come around - and LOVING it & here he is opening one of his presents
After the joy of the train set in it was time to open presents. What a wonderful thing to watch. first they opened things from Santa. They got fun things, practical thing and goofy things. They each even got a movie - which they were thrilled about. Then on to what Husband and I had gotten them - First they opened their new pajama's...I love that they get excited about such little things. After that was "THE BIG ONE." Silly Pants has been asking for a scooter for the better part of this year. So yes, we did indeed get them each one (I never thought I would have twins...and as of now I don't, however, with two boys fairly close in age - if one has it the other has to have it...so of course we bought two of just about everything this year) Silly Pants went crazy! So much so that both Husband and I got a HUGE hug and a wonderfully sweet thank you.

After the excitement of it all we sat down and watched A Christmas Story until it was a little more into the morning and we could go to BF's.

We got there and started our traditional breakfast of egg bake, fruit and some other things. We also had champagne with orange juice...although we all agreed next time we had better get a higher quality one...then we all opted for Sparkling Apple juice and orange juice.
We had such a wonderful day...we opened presents after breakfast. The boys were so excited about all they got. The remote control vehicles were such a great thing...they LOVE running them around the house. We had left the boat at BF's but Monkey is insisting we bring it home so that it can go in the bath...I will be sure to take pictures and post them...it will be hilarious!!
I am in love with my knives...you ask me....Knives??? Yes I got knives.. They are freakin' awesome!! I am so excited I got them...I continually try to figure out what I can make so that I can use them...Truly wonderful!! Thanks BF!!
Husband got a new Gopher hat (thank you soooo much BF...seriously the one he had looked like it would fit Silly Pants better) and Gopher Shirt and pajama pants...Husband being the goof he is - refuses to wear them since they are new and they belong under the tree....Seriously??? - Yep!
Mini C got a Little people boat for the bathtub...I was unsure as to how he would respond..but when he is in there he grabs hold and doesn't let go...SIL, Brother & Prits got the boys a bathtub soap set thing from Crayola...oh my! They color themselves, the walls and Mini C!
Who cares though...it's soap and they are getting clean!!

Below are some pictures of the day and the good time had by all!!!


Here's Brother riding Monkey's scooter w/ Silly Pants around the dining room & kitchen
Here's Brother with Monkey - helping him learn how to ride his scooter...if you look Monkey has his left leg up - he REFUSED to put it down...so he spent the whole time like that...LOL
Here are Brother, BF, Monkey, SIL & Mini C lounging on the couch...
Husband spent a lot of time "relaxing" on his lounge with the boys... 1st w/ Silly Pants & then with Monkey...Look closely - Monkey is totally asleep...That will happen when you get up before the sun, take no nap and run crazy for hours!!
It was Brother's & Silly Pants turn for a nap...Brother napped on one side & Silly soon fell asleep on the other
Finally here is SIL - relaxing at the table with BF, Prits & me...
I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as mine - and I wish you a very happy new Year!!!
See you in 2009!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow?? Looks like a great time had by all?? Can I come next year??

DeAnna said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas !! Love the pictures !!!