Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rejection...

This morning was a typical Wednesday morning, we got up and they watched Disney for an hour while I got things moving. BF came over before work (not typical - but not that unheard of either) and sat with us as we ate breakfast and got ready to bring Silly Pants to preschool.
Both boys were terribly excited about the snow - I think that when they see it - it causes their little brains to go into over drive...

So they eat breakfast, we say goodbye to BF and off we go to preschool...

We are driving down McAndrews and Silly Pants is talking about what he thinks he is going to be doing at school today and how he loved having BF there at our house this morning. Then he says it -

"Mom?" SP
"Yes?" Me
"I think you should go to work." SP
"My work is taking care of you and your brothers and making sure you are safe and happy." Me
"But I think you should go to work, so that Grandma & Daddy can stay home instead." SP

How do you respond to being rejected by your almost 5 year old? Seriously - apparently I am taken advantage of by my sweet boy and that maybe I just bore him....Got to love him!

Not sure what to say now...just thought I would post it...if only to give you all humor...

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

OMG ... Kids gotta love em !!!!!

Tammy said...

Got to respect a kid who loves his grandma! The boy sure does have taste!!!
Sidenote: he would not say that if daddy and grandma were with him all day as he would then just want you!

Tammy said...

Oh yeah.... lololololololololololololololololololololololoolololololololololololol