Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

So I went to be last night at 9:30 with hopes to get a decent nights sleep...apparently my children did not get that memo. Mini C got up at 1:30. Got him back to sleep. Then Monkey got up at 5:30. No luck getting him back to sleep. So I am pretty tired still. Will that stop me from making the food, laughing, smiling, having a good time?? Nope - not a chance. This is my holiday - actually I am pretty sure it's my favorite holiday. Yes, it is probably because I am in charge of almost* everything & all the credit (or all the blame) goes to me.

I have been doing Thanksgiving at our home for what will be 6 years today. It has always been Husband & I & which ever boy(s) were born (This year is Mini C's first!!!), BF, Brother & Prits - with the addition of SIL last year. Every year we have been blessed to be able to invite those that have no place (they want) to spend this wonderful holiday. This year I am most excited about our guests** - Uncle & Auntie Viking, CK & Funny Boy. Got a call yesterday as I was preping - as much as I could - from DD. The one year I forgot to verbally check to see if he was going to make it - he calls and says he is going to be in town at noon and wants to know what time we are eating. We now have a head count of 13 at the table (Mini C makes 14 but he is in the high chair) am I worried I will have enough food? Yeah right!!! Please - I could feed at least 5 more!

So as I am up so flippin early - I will go take a shower - get dressed - put on my make up - have a bite to eat and get crackin on the day. Because if I don't do it, who will? So I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving - be grateful fo rthose around you, the food you get to eat & that we we assurance in knowing that our Lord & Savior died so that we may live! Blessings to you!



*BF is bringing the mashed potatoes & yams (along with wine!) Auntie Viking is bringing Chocolate pie & glorified rice.
**I am so glad that they could join us this year!! They are by far my favorite of the people that have joined us for this holiday. Although I don't know if I would label them guests - I would hope that they were beyond that title!! Love you guys!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

awwwwww. how sweet! Good luck today, I will think of you while I eat my soggy apple pie!

KJ said...

thanksgiving was wonderful! although this was my third year at your house...thanks sissy ;) the first year i was over there was like a ton of people in your basement.

Jennifer said...

Thats right! That year was crazy...I was thinking that you weren't because Danny wouldn't let you be around us...apparently I left out a year!
I am so glad you all were there!