Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Got Tat??

Well I do! My birthday present - one that I will NEVER be able to forget! I went tonight with BF and we both got one. What do you think? I love it - I am so happy about it.

So you want to know how it went? It was funny...although I don't know if the true humor will come through via typing...but what the heck!
So BF and I met at Arch Angel at 6pm. This is also where Brother got his tattoo on the back of his neck a few years back.*** So we go in to look again and verify that we know what we want - I mean it is forever!! BF is looking at this one - let me describe....it literally looks like a stick cross - nothing but two little lines...why did she like this one??? Because it would be fast and she figured it wouldn't hurt much....can we say Wimp??? I didn't hear it !

So I finally convince her to pick another one - one with a little personality but nothing crazy - Viper says he can do it but will alter it to be a bit more perfect - Wonderful!

She gets in the chair and looked so hilarious! I could see how nervous and afraid she was - especially after he got the needle ready...he started, she jumped, he told her not to do it again or her tattoo would be rather funny looking...she got used to it and made it through. A wonderful tattoo may I say....I will ....well if you looked at the link...we have the same one....some will make fun of it, but ultimately I love that cross and I got it to symbolize my faith in Christ and if she has the same one then so be it ! We both wanted to have a visible symbol and just so happens that we liked the same one - yes I will admit she got it first but who cares!

My turn - I get in the chair and no I didn't jump, I sat there - be it that is was a very different feeling and well if I found a tattoo I liked I would go through it again but if I may describe the feeling....it was what I would imagine acupuncture would feel like... I will admit part way through he did have to tell me to stop looking at BF because when I would move my upper body my leg would move slightly...so there I was facing Viper...

I got into my truck at 7pm after completing my tattoo and until tomorrow at 7pm I am fasting, I am fasting for Christ and as a symbol of my faith. So only water for the next 24 hours. I don't think that it will be much of a problem as I am fully aware of the extra insulation I carry on a daily basis.

Oh just to add - Both Silly Pants and Monkey were up when I got home and well they were both quite intrigued with the tattoo - Monkey kept asking my where my stamp was!

***Editorial correction - It was SIL who has corrected me on where we found out about Arch Angel she has stated that e following - "my mom, my aunt, my cousin, my other cousin, me, you, your mother" I would like to thank SIL for that correction!

7 comments:

KJ said...

i also got my tattoo there. i was one the one who recommended it to danny actually. pretty much my whole family has been tattooed there, my mom, my aunt, my cousin, my other cousin, me, you, your mother...

KJ said...

and acupuncture doesnt feel like getting a tattoo...you dont feel acupuncture at all. the needles are the size of a hair and they definitley arent vibrating into the first layer of your skin.

Jennifer said...

you are the one of reason aren't you??
I stand corrected! Love you!

Tammy said...

All I have to say is... Wow, your Mom has great taste! U R soo lucky to have her!
You really should be a comedian!(u could run against Norm in 6 years)U think u are sooo cool for all the details and links u put on your blog, show off!

Francine said...

Ouch, that's all I have to say. None for me, thank you. I can think of lots of other crazy things I will do first: play in traffic, ride in an airplane with Rob, run for president, etc.

DeAnna said...

very very nice, I can't believe you guys oops girls actually went through with it. Bet you get another one eventually???

luv u !!

Tammy said...

I bet so too, Nonny!