Tuesday, January 13, 2009

AM wakers...

Our boys are early risers...However Silly Pants was NEVER as bad as Monkey is at this point. He has been continually getting up BEFORE 5am. The reason??? Who the heck knows...it doesn't matter if the kid goes to bed at 7 or 11 he still gets up at the crack of dawn...well before the crack even thinks of getting up.
I just can't figure it out. We had thought about an alarm clock and setting it - but then realized that if someone were to actually sleep past the sun rising then they would be awaken by the alarm. So we are getting the GoodNite Light. It is supposed to change from glowing as the moon to glowing as the sun when it is time to get up. So the boys would have a visual que on when they could exit their room and make noise.

Hopefully it ships quickly as I (and Husband) are lacking large amounts of sleep and well I would rather not feel cranky or short fused so often. It is not a feeling I enjoy and well as a household no one deserves to feel tired all the time or like Mommy is having a "bad day." Especially when it can be avoided by getting an extra hour of sleep.
You may suggest "why not slip a little Benadryle (totally the wrong spelling...by heck what do you expect from a woman that is lacking sleep??) in their water at night?" Well actually they have had it before and well...it did NOTHING...if anything it made them more antsy....Go figure...They are my boys after all. Short of giving them a bottle of Gin to down, this Lite is what I am laying my hopes, and with any luck dreams that I may have once again, on.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Try Gin, it works for me! Otherwise the light sounds hopeful?
Oh who am I kidding... Good luck and hahahaha

DeAnna said...

I say pay backs are great, right Nonny???