Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Early Morning Meltdown in the Snow

No the snow didn't melt...no it was not me who had a meltdown (although that would be the most popular answer)...no none of the boys had a meltdown...well that last one is not entirely accurate. Husband had a meltdown in the snow...err with the snow? Because of the snow? You can decide...

So we went into today knowing that Husband will be working till 7pm. (Ugg!) This morning he wanted to get out the door at 6am to beat traffic and get a full 12 1/2 hours in for the day (Ugg again!) So I sent him on his way with a lunch and snacks, locked the door and went upstairs to give the boys their cups.
A minute later I hear the door and go down (as it was locked) and there was Husband asking me to help push him out of the snow (that he had driven himself into) (no he did not say that, but it was obvious)

Take a step back and think about my Husband. A rather calm, almost passive man that kind of hangs back, doesn't really confrontation and is pretty level headed, more analytical and purposeful than anything. Not that way this morning. I am going to give you a more PG rated version of how it went and the conversation that happened...by conversation I mean a Monologue of my Husband as I did not dare utter a word.

I get into his car and am told to go forward while he pushes. I go no where. He goes to the front and tells me to go in reverse - I do and no where...again...As I was trying to go in reverse I thought it would be a good idea to crank the tires so that if I did move I would not go farther into the snow...apparently that's not what he wanted..
"What the hell are you doing? Why are you cranking the wheels? Keep them straight! NO Straight!"
I get them straight and he gets a shovel.
He shovels out the back tire and I get to go forward again...nothing...
Well not nothing...
This is the beginning of the meltdown.
"F this Fing car, Screw you (to the car not me), F the snow. I am calling in sick." talk about over reacting...
He then goes to the front of the car and we try reverse...again. I get about 2 feet and stop - maybe I should have had the wheels cranked huh? No I did not say that...are you kidding me? Have him go all Jack Nicholson "Shining"on me. I think not.
So then he proceeds to spit on the ground..yep that's what he did. Spat on the ground.
"F this, I HATE Minnesota, I hate the snow. I am quitting my job. I am not Fing dealing with this. Maybe if the Fing drive way was shoveled properly this wouldn't have happened. F this. Fing Car. Piece of Sh." Now to clarify - the entire driveway was shoveled and well he was technically in the yard - had we cleared the snow that's where he would have been.He then starts to shovel some more - while taking breaks to beat the snow as if it were something that could feel the pain and would give in to his insanity.
"Fing snow. I was Fing trying to get to work early, trying to beat the traffic and now I might as well just stay home. Why does this Fing happen to me?? F you snow!"
We try again to go both forward and back...oh and this time he says I SHOULD crank the wheels..haha...a little late now don't you think? Went no where - and fast!
So then he goes and opens the garage door, gets in the Explorer and backs out. He gets out, grabs a blanket and puts it on the hood of the car. Now in my own thoughts I would have thought it be a better idea to go from behind. I mean the truck is fairly large compared to the Sable and well the at least there would be less chance of damage (I mean it's not like he is calm and collected right now...) apparently my thought was not appreciated as he went ahead with his thought - I was terrified the man was going to push me into the neighbors garage when he got in the truck. Nope he gathered enough self control to go slowly and push the Sable out of the snow.

Now I know there are things I am missing in there...He said so many things that really cracked me up (after the fact) but I don't think I got them all.

Moral of the story??? Even the most level headed person can go Crazy and meltdown....Poor Husband had a bad start. I pray the rest of the day goes better for him.

Side note...they always said that you marry a man like your dad....not true...I married one more similar to my mother....go figure....


What a way to start the day.....

1 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, talk about a meltdown?! I was laughing so hard as I pictured the whole thing going on at 6am! What makes it so funny is that it is Brian having the meltdown! Very funny stuff!! lololol