Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Illness has plagued our house...

So this week has been less than wonderful. It started with Mini C vomiting all over me and then having pretty nasty diapers. Although through out this he was in great spirits and happy. So talked to Dr. N just to make sure I was doing what I needed to to keep him hydrated. So we ended the night with Mini C vomiting on me again.
Tuesday brought on the illness to both Monkey & myself. You ask - you? sick? Yep. I blame it on the fact that I have been lacking sleep and well my immune system was to firing 100%. But did it stop me from cleaning up Monkey, changing Mini or keeping Silly happy? Nope! Why not? Because I am the MOM. Need I say more? I think not...
So that night Husband came home early (oh have to give props to Brother who ran Pedialyte over to me on Monday when I realized Mini C wasn't doing so hot - THANKS!) to give me a bit of a relief and some Gatorade - as I was starting to get dehydrated as well as Monkey.

Here is Husband trying to steer clear of the impending illness he will so succumb to. Can we say Killer???

Here he is helping with Mini C - as I was not doing so hot at this point

So we get through the night - when I say get through I mean we were up most of it taking care of Monkey and now Silly who had succumbed to the illness. Yuck is all I can say. Well it could be worse. By that point all I had was a pretty strong head ache and a back ache. No more queasy stomach at least. Needless to say while I was taking care of the sick kids - Husband himself was taken over by the evil bug that reigned over our home.
Anybody who is married, dating or has a male relative they have lived with KNOWS that men are the worst to be sick. I would rather all three of my boys sick then Husband. Just the day before I was pretty bad and taking care of the three boys. Now Husband is ill (not nearly as bad as I - no I won't tell you why or why not...you don't want that much info) and he could barely hold his head up....So much for the strong, tough man right?
Wednesday starts with me finishing up my recoup and Monkey and Silly actually doing a bit better. Not totally but there is improvement.

Here Husband is with Mini C. Obviously sleeping. On the floor. Both of them sick.

As I think all is getting better - Thursday morning starts with Monkey & Mini C looking pale again. We just watch them and thankfully nothing really came of it. Husband stayed home as to not bring this nasty bug to work and to get some food in him as well.
So the moral of me telling you this? Besides having to document the first ever FULL house illness take over?
That if you are married, getting married or ever want to be married...know that your husband will be your worst patient....


2 comments:

Tammy said...

I am glad all is better now! Great reading, u can still entertain your readers even when sick, what a woman!

DeAnna said...

glad ur feeling better !!!

love u !!!!!!