Friday, September 12, 2008

Do I deserve them??

Ok today I had a few reflecting moments while playing with my boys. While I look at them playing and giggling I ask myself "How (or Why) in the world would God trust me with such valuable possessions?" Yes, I am their mother, I gave birth each of them, I fed them and with my Husband we are raising them to love the Lord. However, I also know that they are only on loan to me. That they belong to God and they are His, not mine. So I just wonder what did I do to deserve such beautiful boys to love and raise? Is there something I did? Or maybe my Husband did that deemed us worthy of such a task as to watch over these children?
Now wouldn't they be safer staying with God in his kingdom? Why send them to this earth where there is pain, heartache, violence and hatred? Is it because he knows that I will love them with all my heart? That I would endure endless pain to keep them safe and happy? That we will raise them knowing they are His and that they are cherished by Him? That we will always guide them toward the path God has laid?
As I sat there feeding Mini C and watching Silly Pants and Monkey play these thoughts raced through my mind...but then I realized - I can sit here all day and wonder with amazement at these gifts of God but instead I will praise the Lord each and every day and smile and say thank you because I don't know of a better gift I could have been given.


Just another thought....
If you were to ask BF about this her response would mostly likely be something to the affect "They are gifts to her from Him" (for doing so well with me!) Which I don't know that I would disagree with completely...
But Which ever they are meant - and I believe that all 3 of them are gifts to this world - and will do something amazing here - I am grateful that they are mine and that they can bring sunshine and happiness into all of our lives!

1 comments:

Tammy said...

Dang straight!! Someone raised you right!