Thursday, September 11, 2008

Headache....

Have you ever had to go through the day with a headache that just wouldn't go away? That was me today. You may ask - "Did you take something for it?" Thanks for asking I hadn't thought of that - Well of course I took something, but being I am breastfeeding Mini C I am limited to just extra strength Tylenol (which does nothing for me) and Ibuprofen (which unless I take at least 800 mg it does nothing....thank you boot camp for that one!) So aside from taking something stronger and giving my little guy a buzz - I am left with a lingering headache.
Let's go on to the natural methods of helping rid yourself of a headache...
Laying down - tried that, I got almost a whole 2 minutes when I had to jump up to catch someone going face first down the stairs and separate a fight among the capes...
Cold pack on the forehead - this one I actually rather enjoy - cold...nice... oh wait then I have Silly Pants or Monkey showing me every bump, scrape, bruise or owie that they had gotten in the last 2 years that now needs a pack or they might have to go to the doctor....
Dim Lights - ok this one I like too...but when the lights (or room) get low then the monsters come out (oh you didn't know there were monsters? that will be another blog...)
Quiet time- lol lol, you have to be kidding me??? Quiet? What the hell is that? Even on a good day (which my boys have more of those than bad) the noise level compares to an average sporting event.
Last on my list - but certainly not least...Wine! - oh but wait....back to the fact I don't want to give Mini C a buzz or disrupt his learning, brain growth or anything else that may or may not effect him in a negative manner (yea I know I am a selfless mom - I know...)
So what am I left with you ask??
Taking another Ibuprofen, having a glass of water, taking a shower and going to bed before 10pm - and being that this one has lingered the entire day...I won't even be up for any evening activities...which unlike some - I do look forward to......
So I say Good night...well at least the Night part is correct.....

1 comments:

Tammy said...

To funny, nerd!!