Wednesday, September 24, 2008

To Tatoo or Not Tatoo that is the question....

Ok so I am planning on getting a tattoo in October - Bf, Brother & myself are all going to go get one. This is something I have contemplated in my own head for a very long time. Should I or shouldn't I? Do I really want one or don't I? and the ultimate question - "Does it go against all that God as told us in the bible? Will this be only another sin that I will have committed against Him?" I ponder this over and over again. Then I put it on the back burner and just stand back.

I told Foxy about my desire to get a tattoo yesterday...needless to say she was not to thrilled with the idea. Now she quoted scripture and gave me many reasons NOT to get one. Not that she will think less of me if I did but she feels that it goes against His Word. I let her go on about how she feels, and I do respect her opinion and thoughts regarding this..as I already stated I was having my own argument going on about it. But I still want one and need to understand in more depth to what God says about such a thing.

So this morning, again this issue is weighing on me to make a truly final decision that is honoring God before myself. What do I do?? I call the Wise Man. I am greeted with a warm "Hi Jen" and I begin unloading my thoughts unto him. He listens and then replies with (I will do my best at quoting)"My thoughts are this - God specifically talks about tattooing in the old Testament. However when Christ came and gave a new beginning God redefined the rules in which we were to follow. Tattooing was not mentioned. It was not acknowledged in the New Testament. He says our body is a temple to Him and if we are going to do something such as a tattoo then let it be to glorify Him. God knows your heart. So if you are getting a tattoo to glorify Him and you are at peace with that decision then I feel you should do it. It is your choice, just make sure it's not a dragon or a sorcerer across your back - that would not be glorifying to God - I have seen many youth in our own church that have gotten very tasteful tattoo's that glorify God in a a wonderful way =)" I thanked him for being there to talk to, discuss such a trivial thing with and that I was so glad that he was there.
So after that I am at peace with my choice - I will be getting a tattoo in October. I will be fasting the day before in honor of God. The tattoo will be on my body to represent Christ, my faith in Him & that He is my Lord and Savior.

I will post a picture once I have gotten it......

2 comments:

Tammy said...

As long as your mommy also says its ok then go for it!!

Jennifer said...

of course! How could I forget!