Monday, October 6, 2008

Brains anyone????

So I am a mom, I am a mom of 3 boys under 5, I am a mom who is most of the time fairly intelligent but seriously where is my brain!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Where did it go? Did I push so hard when delivering my boys that it actually left my body? Did they accidentally remove part of it when I had my appendectomy? Did it disintegrate while getting my hair done? Where did it go?

I used to be able to finish all my thoughts with out stopping to remember where I was going (Or where I had been) I was able to remember EVERYTHING (I can still remember a whole lot but not nearly the same) I was able to problem solve, walk, eat a sandwich & check my calendar. When did those days change??

I WILL TELL YOU - When I became a mom.
Now don't get me wrong - I LOVE being a mom, I love my boys, I love my life. But seriously was the loss of my brain the cost? Is that a fair exchange? Was that a fair swap? Who decided such a thing? I am not saying I wouldn't do it again - because I would. But how can one function and maintain these three boys with out a properly functioning brain? I just don't see how it is possible.

My most in depth conversations consist of the following topics -
Do you have to go stinky?
Get off your brothers head
No, You can't go outside with no pants on
Do you have to go stinky?
No jut because Curious George climbed the building - doesn't mean you can
Cake is not something you can have for breakfast (or lunch - or dinner) (Unless it's your bday!)
No you cannot cut your own apple
Where do you go stinky?
No don't poke Mini C - he is sleeping!
No the sky is not falling - and no the aliens did not drop a panel.
You have to ask Grandma for that
Come on - let's go stinky!
That's just a few

So if there is a day you call me, if I seem eager to talk (even though exhaustion is spewing from my side of the phone) please talk or at least say something that does not resemble the above mentioned topics - so that I may regain a fraction of what I have lost. Because I fear once I lose it all - I may not be able to regain it.........and what a sad sad day that will be......
So if I cannot remember to say it later.....Good bye - I have loved you all.......until a time when I may feel the joys of a good conversation......

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a funny dork you are!!
Thanks for the entertainment!

Judy said...

Jen, you will get your brains back as the boys grow up, but then you get to be my age and you start doing the same thing. Why am I in the basement? Or what was I suppose to pick up at the store. Enjoy the moment it will get better and then you will go down that path again.