Thursday, October 2, 2008

In Laws...does it ever end???

Ok so now it starts...birthday season...holiday season...IN LAW season....now if you are reading this and don't exactly know me personally I will give you an over view as to the in law situation...
Meant the in laws (mainly mother) - she thought my sister was my daughter, she told me Husband couldn't put anything together, told husband that he shouldn't be marrying me, gave me a Lane Bryant gift card for my birthday, the list is truly endless (I mean I didn't even touch on my husbands sister....)...anyway

So Saturday night is when we are doing Husbands birthday dinner...BF, Prits, us & his parents will be there (Brother is at school & SIL has to work) In the past just thinking about his parents (mainly his mother) coming to our home makes my stomach turn and I start to feel sick (example anyone?? when I was 8 months pg with Silly Pants they came over for Christmas and I started having false contractions while she was here pounding down on Husband) So at least I am not PG right? (no comments from you BF) But I have gotten better in recent months - I have kept a phone conversation with her on more than one occasion and even went over there too....if you know me you know this is a feat for me...so why is it I am back to feeling horrible that they are coming??

Maybe it's because when they do come - they push aside our true family (by true I mean the ones that are there for us day in and day out, the ones that love us even though we are flawed, & who we can count on for anything) Maybe it's because it's all phony...I have married their son - yes it is true - but even though we have now been married for 5 years (holy crap 5??) I am still not looked apon as a member of that family. I am an outsider that has abducted their son, taken him from the Lord(hello people??? not to brag but he went back to church after he met me!) - the one they treated like crap, that they don't see as wonderful, the one they don't deserve to call theirs. Maybe it's because when we get a card for the both of us they ALWAYS write - Mom and Dad & Her and Him (you get the idea) .....who does that??? but then again we didn't get married in their catholic church so maybe they truly believe that we are not married...and which would then mean our children are bastards??? how does that sound??

Either way they will come, I will put on a smile, feed them, talk to them but know this - I will be so glad when they leave and it is back to our family once again.....

But the story doesn't end there - oh nope it doesn't....
So when we bought our house - I decided to be the preparer of Thanksgiving dinner!!! (ok BF wasn't thrilled at first but came around) So every year we invite them and nope they don't show up, they say that they are spending it with their family and they would rather we spend it with THEM not them spending it with US...ok???what the hell?? So that holiday goes wonderfully with just BF, Prits, Brother & SIL - the ones that matter....
Next is Christmas - so as most of you know..Christmas Eve is BF's birthday (no I won't post her age....oh but tempting...) so that day is HERs - only hers..we don't not do anything Christmas related on that day....you can not pay me any amount of money to do so. Just as husbands day is coming up and mine as well those are our days - as is December 24th is hers. So then Jesus' birthday is spent by us getting up, spending time with the boys and then heading over to Bf's house for a day of food, fun and family...it is always a good time and we are usually there for about 12 hours...I know!! kind of weird but it's the one day that it just doesn't seem that long...well at least not for us..you would have to ask BF how she feels about that one...
Ok so having said all that - I ALWAYS plan a special day when we can invite Husbands side of the family (when I say side I mean it..aunts, uncles, cousins all of them!) This has happened every year since we have been married and besides the first year, every year after his mother has directed the family to not come - because they feel again....that we should spend it with them not them with us??? seriously what the hell??? So again this year I will plan a party - and this year I will plan it even earlier with hopes that we get on peoples schedules in time and we can throw a good time for those people....

So the moral of the enormously long post...I will am going to have to grin bare it for the next few months to show that I am a good Christan woman, wife, & mother and that even though they are evil people filled with anger and bitterness - I am a good, happy, excited by my life woman that will not let their negative attitudes bring me or mine down! We are here for the Lord and by golly I will figure out a way to show that - even when I want to go in a hole and drink a bottle of merlot! So here's to the season!!!!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Focus on YOUR family!! Stop letting it get to you! It happens every year! The only time your mommy wont be there is for "their" Christmas, otherwise I got your back baby!! Suck it up and be tough, like your Momma! (not that you are not already) FYI: "crap" is not holy! I justr started thinking of that recently when your sister starter saying that and then the "boy" said holy cow. Very funny coming from a 4 year old but none the less crap or cow are not holy! What is the Christmas theme this year??

Judy said...

Jen, you just continue to do what you have been doing. You are doing a great job. It is their problem not yours. Keep up the good work. Leave it in the hands of God