Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Punkins???

On Saturday we went to the apple orchard and got apples and pumpkins (forgot my camera so didn't want to blog about it - but going back and won't forget the camera!!!)
So tonight we decided to carve the boys two little pumpkins (saving the huge one for later)

To start Monkey calls them Punkins - he sounds so darn cute! So we have started saying it like that....I know...but it's hard not to!

Monkey hording his "Punkin" Silly Pants getting ready!

So we get their pumpkins ready to go I carve off the tops and we start scooping...errr...when I say we I mean Husband and I - Silly Pants wouldn't touch the inside (even with major bribes!!) Monkey only wanted to take the seeds out of the pile Husband dug out (he knew I was going to roast them to eat!!) (ummmm......)
Honestly I think Mini C was more involved in the prepping of the pumpkins then his brothers -


What do you think?? Tasty??

We get them all scooped out and we draw out different eyes, noses, & mouths so that they can pick what they want us to carve....I think that honestly took about 20 minutes...there is apparently a lot of thought that goes into deciding what your pumpkin will look like...Who would'a thunk??
Monkey "helping me carve his pumpkin!


We get to carving and get them all done up the way they want them - thankfully it was easy and actually quite fun!! Besides the fact that Silly Pants wanted nothing to do with the inside of the pumpkin - he is quite proud of what he picked and how it looks!

Monkey showing off his completed pumpkin!

Silly Pants' finished face!

Mini C had to show off his excitement about it all too!!

So as you can see we had a great night - lots of fun - carved pumpkins and wonderful family time....so until next time!!

2 comments:

Francine said...

Oh my goodness- those are the cutest photos ever! You look cute too- hot mama! Mini C takes the cake (or the pumpkin in this case). Love the new blog look- didn't want to be twins anymore? :)

Tammy said...

Love it!! Your dad would be really proud with the carvings you did.